Thursday, February 03, 2011

For Gia...

OK guys, this is my second post of the day~

I haven't done a makeover quite like this before but I had so much fun doing it! My friend Dana was going to get rid of her old changing table that belonged to her son. Well it just so happened that a coworker of my husband just had a baby girl and was in need of some accessories.

I hadn't seen this changing table yet but asked if she needed one and she said "yes". Here is the before photo of the changing table. You'll have to use your imagination as you can see I started painting it before I took the photo:


It is fine for a boy but not so much for a baby girl so I had to snazz it up a bit and give it some pink personality!
Here it is after. Just right for baby Gia. Oh and she LOVED it too! Well at least her mommy did. She just slept on me the whole time I was there. She is absolutely PRECIOUS!






I painted brown butterflies and some stitching.

I never got to do things like this when my girls were babies so I find it very fulfilling when I get to do a project like this one!
Gia I hope you love your new changing table!
Rita

posting here:

5 comments:

MMB Creations said...

I am so glad I ran across your blog. I get so many things at the curb. Now my friends are calling me when they see things. It is so much fun.

Chrissie said...

So pretty. I love how you painted the stitching!

Kammy Wielenga said...

Ahhhhhhh that is just awesome!! You give me so many wonderful ideas! Super cute!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so sweet!!!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Adorable! Those changing tables are always so boring to begin with. You gave it quite a new life!

Take care,
Lisa