Monday, February 28, 2011

For Angie...(she's been stoned)

You've probably heard me talk about stuff I've done for Angie before right? Well when she found this cabinet, I was flattered that she asked me to do something with it.

It is just your normal particle board cabinet that would look great in any restroom but I had something different in mind when I thought of where she lives.

Angie and Josh live in Downtown Dallas in this awesome industrial looking loft. The beams are visible and the bricks have been there for years and years, so in my eyes, this cabinet should look like it was made for the building. You can see from the photo below that there were attempts to paint it before I got it.
Thank goodness we're friends because I told her I wanted to make it look like it was made of stone or cement and she said "ok". This is what I came up with. Does it look industrial to you?





Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who'll win the contest that ends tonight.

Oh and here's a little teaser... it's not at all pink like I had envisioned it.

Can't wait to see if ya'll love it or hate it~

See you tomorrow,
Rita

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great work, you totally transformed the piece!

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

That is great. You totally updated it. And I love that industrial look you gave it. It gives me new hope for particle board...

Deb
http://dejarenew.blogspot.com