Saturday, February 05, 2011

For Adrian...


My sister found two night stands at a garage sale the other day for $15.00. They don't match but we didn't need them too. We knew one would go in the living room as a side table and the other would be my nephew's night stand for his new room.

I get free reign on her stuff, one because I'm her older sister and two... well because I'm her older sister. She let me decide what color to make Adrian's night stand so since there isn't a "theme" to go along with, I decided on baby blue and black. The cool thing about his night stand is has chalk board sides as you can see from the photo above.

Here it is before:



And after:
Had to get a quick shot of it before the sun went down so my lines aren't perfect but you get the idea. You can see my sister standing on the side blocking the setting sun.


How fun and cool is this.

His friends will be so jealous! I'm so proud to be the cool Aunt right now!

See ya later,
Rita



4 comments:

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Love the black and white! I really want to try something like that, but I just know my lines would come out all shaky like :) Great job Rita!!

Kre8ive Life said...

I love your work. I love watching how people transform old furniture with some TLC. It is funny that I discovered your blog this morning as I just collected and old writing desk yesterday that needs some serious love. I am looking forward to making it beautiful but most of all to using it.

andrea said...

hey my legs are famous. : ) it is true I let my sister do whatever she wants cause yes she is my older sister and yes she is my older sister. Ha ha! I sure am lucky to have her im my life. Thank you for all your hard work you do for me and my babies, We love you soooo much.

andrea said...

hey my legs are famous. : ) it is true I let my sister do whatever she wants cause yes she is my older sister and yes she is my older sister. Ha ha! I sure am lucky to have her im my life. Thank you for all your hard work you do for me and my babies, We love you soooo much.