Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Green Chair Reveal

Could it be??? Is it true?? Is this little chair now blue?



This was the little green chair that I fell in love with last week. He almost made the bulk trash pick up that week but I saved him. Here he is before:


Now let's see what was wrong with him:
1.) Missing a piece of wood over leg/ nicks and scratches
2.) Cracked wood down the center needed piece of duct tape to keep from pinching.
3.) Peep hole in two places in the chair. Would be fine if this was a door but it's not.
Final Product, after wood filling, sanding, and painting.
Since the "before" chair had the duct tape for YEARS I thought it only added character to the chair so I painted a couple of white stripes in memory of the "tape".
Hope you like it as much as I do. Oh and Brianna already called dibs on this chair. It's going in her room!



Tell me what you think!
Have a good Tuesday,
Rita :)
posting here:

11 comments:

MMB Creations said...

It turned out really cute. I'm glad you decided to use the stripes.

Meg said...

I think it looks awesome. I'm so glad you were able to rescue it. :) I hope you can join my giveaway for a gallon of FREE paint! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Hey it turned out really cute!!!

Katie said...

So cute!! I loved the before and the after! =) I have a chair similar to the after in my office and I love it! Such a bright, happy color!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Love the stripes! Very vintage-y feel! I could see this paired with and old bankers desk. Looks great!
~Michelle :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh but duct tape is soooo charming! ;) really, it looks so cute! love those two off center stripes- they give it just the right charm!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Very cute! And I'm glad you decided to pay homage to the duct tape :) I have 2 similar chairs that I have been trying to decide what to do with...maybe some blue paint!

Visiting from POWW!

oops! said...

It is such a victory when you save something and make it this cute!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

I think it looks soooo cute! Love the new color and the stripes!

Lynn said...

I love vintage chairs and yours is adorable. The color is great and the stripes are a really nice touch. Great job! Thanks for sharing and Happy Transformation Thursday!
Lynn at Cottage and Creek

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Love it, and the stripes! The peep hole and duct tape . . . too funny!

Would love for you to drop by this weekend and join Passion for Paint!

http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com