Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Chunky Handle

Is it possible to fall in love with a piece of furniture simply for it's chunky handle? Well I did. I got this table from my aunt along with two other fabulous pieces. The cord you see hanging below is attached to a power strip that is adhered to the table. What it is for exactly, I have no idea. But I love getting treasures like these. It's like finding a secret passage way for me.

Needless to say, I loved this table for it's other characteristics, but the handle...the handle stole my heart. It was a big ol' brass handle. Nothing fancy about it but oh the possibilities!!



Here it is "after" my transformation:




I used scrap material to cover the inside drawer.









And my favorite part is the handle. I don't know if you can see the detail but I especially paid attention to the detail here. If you're wondering how it was done... shoot me an email. I'd love to see who really likes this piece...maybe it's just me?


This has already been sold but thanks for looking~
Rita
posting before and after to my friends blog at :

7 comments:

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

I love it, that handle is perfection!!

Sparrow's Nest said...

I kinda want to hug it... since you're nuts like me about furniture you'll understand :)

Rita said...

I understand completely!! lol
Rita

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i LOVE that chunky handle- it gives it just that right touch and takes it from being a black table to a WOW that is so cool black table! thanks for joining the party!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Hardware can make all the difference. Looks sharp!

kathie said...

I think we would all flip for that table due to the chunky handle! It is fantastic :) You did a beautiful job on the table!

oops! said...

The handle totally makes the piece - WOW!