Monday, October 18, 2010

A.J. (Abe Jr.)

For some of you, this may seem like deja vu', but I promise this is a new piece. I was originally going to paint it gray or dark blue so I mixed different colors together and what did I get...the exact same color as Abe, my first china cabinet. Oh well...this piece still came out lovely.

Again my pictures aren't the best but this cabinet was a light yellow and had some scrapes and scuffs from years and years of ware.




I painted it, inside and out and wallpapered the back walls and bottom inside door panels with textured paper. Not the same paper I used on Abe though. This was an ivory damask wallpaper. I painted the trim in off white and added new knobs which I painted to match the piece.


Here is the end result:




It didn't sell at the flea market like I had hoped ( as did Sammy because he had to lug it back home) but it's still for sale.


Thanks,
Rita

Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Kris said...

Your work is beautiful, and I think you must have an unseemly amount of patience. I sanded the top of a 2x2.5' coffee table, took me around 2.5 hrs, and I could hardly stand it. I still have to do the legs, and I just can't imagine doing something large.

Rita said...

when you have two teenage girls, spending large amounts of time on something else helps!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

rita, this piece turned out SO glamorously! i love the color and love the contrast with the white. it's perfect. thanks for joining my party!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Great color! I know you will sell it :)

Chrissie said...

Your china cabinet is gorgeous. I love that blue!

Henna @ AboutCabinets Blog said...

i think you have done a wonderful job on this hutch, it looks amazing, the color is too good and i think it would fit in any dining room and living room, a cool thing

kathie said...

That blue is so pretty on your piece & I really like the way you did the hardware white. It is gorgeous!

Artichoke Alley said...

Beautiful! Love how you really showed off the details!

studio1404 said...

GORGEOUS work! Love the color! Also love that the door slides. Such a great feature!

Tara said...

This is gorgeous, I love the elegant contrast.