Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sofa Table

Aside from some cat claw marks this table wasn't in bad condition. It has soft enough wood that it sanded out really smoothly. I wasn't sure what to do with it until a friend showed me a desk she wanted to buy so I took the idea of her desk and tried it out here. Different colors but the same idea. I still haven't quite got the technique down but I'm working on it.

Sofa Table before:



and Sofa Table after:





This table will be available for sale at the flea market~
Thanks for stopping by!
Rita
posting to


Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Fussy Monkey Business said...

The table looks great!! I have been dying to find something like this. Great job! Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed.

Atticmag said...

What a charming pine table that is. You did a classic paint job which really sets it off. Hope you'll drop by and see our amazing Swedish antique bed and clock. Jane F.

Terrell said...

Oh how amazing did this piece turn out!!!? I just looove it! Way to go girly! I'm happy to be your newest follower and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up your sweet creations at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I like your table. Did you paint or stain the top? It looks great!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It looks lovely!! I love the small scale of the piece too since often I find sofa tables too big! Have a great week! Angie xo

DesignTies said...

I really like the look of the dark top with the light base.

The table legs look like they're about to run off in two different directions!! :-)

Kelly

Linda Q said...

Great job, I like how this turned out! Makes me want to paint the top of my sofa table black and leave the bottom wood.
Linda

xinex said...

The table really turned out beautifully....Christine

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

This is a very pretty makeover!!! Good job!!!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Very pretty, I'm into dark tops these days too!