Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Lovely Equation

What do you get when you take a black crackled chest of drawers...


and subtract these hideous knobs...



not to mention layers and layers of black and green paint?




Well you get a great starting point. Now lets add white paint, a Dremel tool, dark stain and some awesome Navy blue knobs.

What you get is ... Rose.
She has great lines and detail that was covered up by all the crackle paint. You can barely see from my picture but there are vertical lines on the sides of her.
And the knobs are blue but again being an amateur photographer you have to do more imagining because (and not to brag) but my pictures never do my projects justice.



I'm going to sell Rose at the Junkadoodle Fleamarket next month.
I hope she finds a good home and someone who appreciates her new look!
Thanks for stopping by,
Rita
By the way this piece was inspired by my idol's at Sticks and Bricks. You can view their website through the link on my sidebar. I aspire to be as good as they are one day~

9 comments:

Kirsty said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thrifty Chic said...

Love what you did with the dresser!

Tru@TRU TALES FEATS said...

Love the dresser. Very unique rose handles and stems.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

rita, i LOVE this one! it is so creative and lovely! i would be thrilled if you would link it to my party- ends tonight! :)

Renee @ where the grass is greener said...

Gorgeous!! Was it hard to remove the crackle finish? I have two nightstands and a bookshelf with a hideous crackle finish and I've been procrastinating because I think it's going to be so hard to remove. How did you do it?

Emily said...

what a creative way to use the knobs! i may have to try this if you dont mind!!

Chrissie said...

Oh my word, I love this piece! How creative!

Rita said...

@Emily- Yes, totally use the knob idea. I did actually. Saw it off a more expensive piece and decided to make my own.

Have fun with it!
Rita