Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ashley's Orange Accents - Part 2

Remember this guy?? He went from Brown to Turquoise with a whip of a paint brush?



I added fabric to the back, and here's what he looked like after:

Well, he has been changed yet again. SHE is now Orange and I added new fabric. This is a great piece to add to a room for a pop of color. It's big enough to get the point across but small enough that it doesn't engulf the entire room.




I'm still incorporating some black and white in the room that match the drapes so this material worked out perfectly. I found it at Cutting Corners in their clearance room for 5.99 a yard.
I may work out the scraps subtly in the room somewhere.
Rita


Posting to my FAVORITE blog:

8 comments:

My Journey to Hope said...

I'm friends with the lady who bought the rocking horse from you. She posted a picture of the horse online, so I checked out your blog, and I LOVE what you do! I have always wanted to get the amazing treasures off the sidewalk and recreate them, but I don't have the space (and my husband would kill me). I'd love to go hunting with you. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

:) Michelle

sherry said...

Love the second version!!! It rocks
Sherry

Imitating Irene/Ethnic Girl said...

Wonderful second version. Love that fabric!

Mandy's Creative Corner said...

What a gorgeous piece!!! The fabric is adorable, well done!

Tammigirl said...

I love all these projects on your blog! I've just started refinishing some things myself. The problem I have with some of the things I have waiting is that I do not know exactly what to do with them. Do you ever stare at something for months because you just haven't had the right inspiration yet?

Little Lovables said...

love it! it fits the mid century modern era better now with the color with the little legs and size.

Rita said...

ALL THE TIME!! I have some things in my sun room that have been there going on a year. That's the part about this hobby of mine that my husband DOESN'T like so much :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love the orange transformation. That's my favorite color. You did a great job.