Tuesday, April 06, 2010

ONE OF MY BEST TRANSFORMATIONS YET

Now tell me, if you saw this laying on the side of the road would you pick it up? This stool fell under what my husband calls "there's a reason people throw things away" category. I didn't see what he saw, instead I saw great legs and structure.



That's how this..



BECAME THIS~






And believe it or not, this is pretty much what I saw the day I picked it up. Hope you enjoy!
By the way, this post is dedicated to my brother-in-law, Chris who thought it was impossible for me to restore. I think I wowed him... Oh ye of little faith.
Rita


posting to:
Furniture Feature FridaysTransformation Thursday

9 comments:

My So Called Creative Life... said...

Great fabric! I just love it.

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

It looks great! I prob would not have picked it up, but you have a great eye!!

Christina said...

Turned out wonderful!

Shaunna said...

Looks great! I know what you mean about vision...my husband laughs out loud at me all the time! -shaunna :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

What a cute little stool. The fabric and paint color are great.. Thanks for sharing with us at the POPP.

Rose said...

That does look wonderful. Isn't "vision" a wonderful curse?
I'm always picking up stuff that nobody can find any redeeming qualities about. Like your husband and his "there's a reason it was thrown away" category. I'm always so shocked that they can't see how awesome a find really is! And yet these same people always love the piece after it's done.
I call it a curse 'cause it can make you feel so "out there" when folks around you don't get it. That is one of the reasons I started blogging. In Blogland there are plenty of kindred spirits who can see just as well as you do! Btw, I found you thru the popp and am signing up to follow you.
Rose@confessionsofacurbshopaholic

Sherry said...

Very nice! You chose the perfect fabric.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I agree with Sherry...the fabric is perfect for that piece. Great work!

Garbage Gal said...

Just found you through a fellow dumpster diver. So happy to meet someone else with vision. I once hauled a small "barn fresh"(mouse nest in drawer) dresser home from a flea mkt.for $25. The price was orig. $45.) and was told I had one week to get it OUT of the garage. One week later it stood next to HIS side of the bed and now resides in the Living Room w/the new flat screen on it and components inside! He's learnin'!!