Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frame #1 - Michelle's Frame

Remember what I started with? Technically it was a cork board that that was falling apart. The back was coming off so I had to hot glue it together. I was in the process of painting it white when I took this picture. I didn't like plan A so I went with plan B below.

Plan B- An inspiration board for my friend Michelle. She's talked about having a place to pin up all of her fashion inspirations so I created one for her.

Here's how I did it:
1. I painted the frame black. Any black paint will do. I just used what I had left over.
2. I used left over material I had from reupholstering one of Michelle's chairs in her room. I applied it to the board with spray adhesive and when that didn't work, I used mod podge. Just enough to stick it on.
3. I hot glued left over twine I had to give it a finishing touch!

Easy, quick and notice everything used was from what I already had.

Hope you like it. Stay tuned for frame #2.



Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Girl I love it! The twine really makes it, awesome job and I can't wait to see the others!

Rory-The Greentiques Solution Guy said...

I end up using plan B alot too. Nice post Rita.