Saturday, January 16, 2010

Antique Toy Box


I found this little piece at a flea market this past Summer and didn't know quite what to do with it. A Friend of mine was over the other day and saw it and said it looked like an old toy box and just needed a checkerboard print or something. Well it stuck and after that, all I could see in my head was an old antique toy box with a checkerboard print on top. It had to look old and distressed and the print had to be grayish or brown. Ya know, old looking.

Here is my finish product. I'm so excited that it came out exactly like I pictured it. I had better before pictures that accidentally got deleted so I just took pictures of where I last left off on my venture to change him up.
I took more photos of this transformation but until I know how to create a button that says "go here for tutorial" and sends you somewhere other than this home page, I'll just hold them in a little place on Google called PICASA. Plus I don't want this post to be huge, know what I mean?
I didn't post the inside of this piece but it is lined with some brown fabric I had left over. Trust me it looks awesome. The picture I took made it look green but it is brown and I promise it is pretty!
Oh and one more thing I intend to sell this as well. If you know someone who is interested, please let me know. The price isn't set yet but it will be soon.
>Wow I've really rambled...I'm just so excited.
OK, got to work on project #2 for today.

Rita :)



Posting this Before and After to:

DIY Day @ ASPTL Furniture Feature Fridays

13 comments:

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

That's awesome~ I love the checker board!

Christina said...

Great Makeover, it looks authentic as if the checkerboard has always been on it.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Your friend was right. This is exactly what this piece needed to be. Nice work!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I agree - Great redo! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

That is just awesome!! :)

KK said...

I LOVE this toy box. The before and after is amazing. You did a fabulous job. I would be proud too. I've been looking for something to make into a toy box for when my Grandson comes over. Now all his toys are in a plastic bin (besides the motorized 4 wheeler and the basketball goal) and all are in the living room! If I lived in Texas, I would come right over and buy it. It would go great with my decor. Great re-make, I want it! KK

Mimi said...

Fabulous...I love it!

Magic Brush said...

That is amazing!!!! Wonderful work!

Magic Brush said...

That is wonderful!!!! I love it! My boys would totally love it!

Tammy at Tattered and Timeless said...

Beautiful not put some toys in it :)
tammy

Cha Cha said...

I love this, what a clever transformation. You did a great job, thanks for sharing.

Cha Cha

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I know I already commented on this, but I wanted to thank you for linkin gup to FFF. This is a very unique and fun piece. You do great work and I'm glad you shared it.